Monday 14 August 2017

Audio Review: Daniel's true desire - Grace Burrowes

An Honorable Life Daniel Banks is a man of the cloth whose vocation is the last comfort he has left- and even his churchman's collar is beginning to feel like a noose. At the urging of family, Daniel attempts to start his life over as vicar in the sleepy Kentish town of Haddondale, family seat to the earls of Bellefonte. Challenged by Passion Resigned to spinsterhood, Lady Kirsten Haddonfield welcomes the new vicar to stay at her family's home while his is under renovation. Suddenly the handsome visitor has Kirsten rethinking her ideas about love and marriage, but a dreadful secret from Daniel's past may cast a shadow too long for either of them to overcome.

My thoughts:
At first I was scared most of the book would go by without anyone knowing he was married. Phew, it did not. The truth was out early on.

Have I ever read about a vicar? I really do not know. And yes I mostly thought about Mr Collins *shudders* I tried to imagine a hottie instead. A vicar is also a tricky hero cos you never know it he would be all God and all that. But he was not. He really loved his job, but that was all. Oh right, he also has separated from his horrible wife who is living with someone else. A real shrew. But if he divorces her he can not be a priest anymore.

Which brings is to Lady Kristen. Sweet, some failed love stories behind her and she is all about the new hottie vicar. Poor gal can not even control herself. Seriously, she really fancies the guy, and even though she realises he can never be free, she still fancies him (and he her). 

But obviously things are not that easy. He is married after all....so yes there will be some drama before everyone lives happily ever after.

Conclusion:
I enjoyed it. Burrowes writes these cute romances where people actually talk a lot.

Narrator James Langton
This is my third book by him and I like him. I like his accent when he read these. His female voices can be a bit, well he is a man after all. And his male voices can be a bit big. But they all blend together perfectly in the end. Honestly how could I ever listen to a Burrowes book if he did not read it. I had to google him, he is actually from England, so no wonder he does it splendidly.

Sample

Audio CD, 11 h
Expected publication: August 8th 2017 by Tantor Audio (first published November 3rd 2015)
True Gentlemen #2
Historical romance
For review

30 comments:

  1. haha great review, it made me laugh. But yes in her books people talk and I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad his marriage isn't kept a secret too long, because that would frustrate me so much. I am curious about how they work through that though especially given the time period. Sounds like a good book and a good author, I should try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's would have driven me insane, instead it was no secret, well she did not know at once cos she never asked

      Delete
  3. The only Vicar I ever read about was by Agatha Christie. I'm sure this is much different. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read a few romances with Vicars and while I was wary at first, they were all very good.

    But how do they overcome the - he's already married thing??? Hmmmm

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do...I can not spoil it though, but no need to worry, they get their hea

      Delete
  5. I'll put this on my list. About vicars? Yeah I usually picture Mr. Collins, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you enjoyed this one. I haven't read this author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks like a good one. I should try this author!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've read one about a vicar lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's a tangle of a problem for them ala The Thorn Birds. Glad the narrator's working out good, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least he was not Catholic but married is just as bad

      Delete
  10. Mr. Collins! Yuck! *shivers*

    I'm glad to hear the truth came out early because I hate a secret looming over the story. Male narrators rarely get female voices right. Oh well, at least he was pretty good otherwise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, a hot Mr Collins who is not an ass

      Delete
  11. I love male narrators, so I think I need to look him up. *shudders at the Mr Collins image*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone knows I fall asleep with audios,(lol) but glad you enjoyed it. I knew a Catholic priest many years ago, who gave up his vocation because he wanted to get married. Hugs and happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, i know

      That would have made it easier here

      Delete
  13. Wait...he's married to someone else? Not sure about this one but glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all make mistakes. You can't blame the guy for falling in love after his wife left him

      Delete
  14. Hmmm... I don't know if I could read this one. There is a bit of an ick factor. But at least his secret comes out near the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is never a secret, but he does not shout it that his wife left him

      Delete
  15. SOOO behind in my commenting this week. x_x

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP